Frequently Asked Questions
Specifications and performance
What are the specifications of the Tamiya Wild One MAX?
- EV Powertrain – 48v Low Voltage Powertrain, 8 interchangeable battery modules with up to 14.4 kWh capacity
- Electrical System – Lightweight CAN BUS based Low Voltage System, Thatcham Category 2 Proximity Immobiliser System, LED lighting
- Chassis – Fabricated Steel Space Frame, Phosphated & Powder Coated Finish, RHD and/or LHD
- Suspension – Front double unequal length fabricated wishbones, Independent Rear fabricated trailing arms with phosphate and powder coated finish, combined with machined steel control arms with zinc plated finish. Outboard Bilstein Dampers front and rear. Alloy steel Eibach coil springs front and rear
- Steering – Rack and Pinion Central steering rack. 330mm Steering Wheel. Adjustable toe
- Braking – 255mm Brake Discs, Brembo Callipers, Multi-Position Top Mounted Pedal Box, Twin Master Cylinders with Adjustable Front/Rear Bias
- Wheels – 14×5.5” Front Steel Wheels, 14×8” Rear Steel Wheels. Phosphated & Powder Coated Finish. 185/80R14 Front Tyres 290/65R14 Rear Tyres
- Body – Vac Formed Painted Polycarbonate Body Panels
- Seating – x2 Individual Cobra Bucket Seats on Sliding Runners. E-Approved Four Point Harness
- Instruments – 5” Digital Display with Speedometer, Odometer, Trip, Range and Temperatures. Marine Grade Keypads. Reversing Camera.
- Glazing – Laminated heated windscreen with washer wiper system for on/off road use
- Driving Position – Customers can choose between left-hand drive and right-hand drive
What are the specifications of the Tamiya Wild One Max Launch Edition?
The Launch Edition has the specifications as the Tamiya Wild One MAX, but additionally includes:
- Limited Edition run of 100 units only
- Launch Edition plaque
- Launch Edition stickers
- Carbon Fibre dashboard
- Wild One Original Remote Control Kit Car including controller
What are the dimensions?
- Length 3605mm
- Width 1900mm
- Height 1350mm
- Track front 1600mm
- Track rear 1580mm
- Wheelbase 2270mm
- Ground clearance 270mm
- Approach angle 34 degrees
- Breakover angle 28 degrees
- Departure angle 51 degrees
- Wading depth 350mm
- Kerb weight 497kg (weight of car inc. x8 batteries)
What is the performance?
- 14.4 kWh total battery capacity
- Peak power 26kW
- Peak torque 120Nm
- Top speed estimated at up to 60 mph
- Approved to L7e quadricycle regulations
* L7e definition: Classification of four-wheeled heavy quadricycles designed to carry persons, with an unladen mass of no more than 450 kg (excluding batteries)
Will the Tamiya Wild One Max be Road Legal?
The Tamiya Wild One MAX will be built to comply with L7e Quadricycle Regulations in the UK & EU
Can I make the Tamiya Wild One MAX road legal outside the UK and EU?
The Tamiya Wild One MAX has been built to comply with L7e Quadricycle Regulations in the UK & EU, so we can only offer it as an off-highway product in territories outside of these areas
Why is the Tamiya Wild One MAX only road legal in the UK and EU?
We have prioritised the UK & EU initially as these are our home markets and allow us to provide a road legal vehicle for the majority of our clients
Every region has different regulatory requirements and we may consider exploring other regions in the future, however at this time we cannot confirm that the Tamiya Wild One MAX will be approved for road legality in any countries outside of the UK & EU
I don’t live in the UK or EU, does this mean I can’t get a car?
If you live outside of the UK or EU, you are still able to purchase the Tamiya Wild One MAX; however, please note that we cannot advise on whether or not it would be approved for road legality outside of these areas
What is the price of the Tamiya Wild One MAX?
£35,000 + VAT
How much is a deposit for the Tamiya Wild One MAX?
£3,500. Your £3,500 deposit will remain refundable until your car enters production. The Client Services Team will be in touch with you ahead of your car entering production to confirm your order. If you have already placed a £100 deposit, this will be credited against your final payment ahead of your car being completed
When is the rest of the balance due?
The remaining balance for the Tamiya Wild One MAX will be due ahead of your car being completed
What currency can I pay in?
Payments are to be made in GBP only
How can I pay?
Deposits are to be paid by a secure payment link on our website. Should you not be able to place your deposit through the secure payment link, please reach out directly to our Client Services Team, and they will be able to assist you
What if I would like to place multiple orders?
If you would like to place multiple orders for the Tamiya Wild One MAX, please contact our sales team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I get my car?
First deliveries of the Tamiya Wild One MAXs will start taking place from 2024 onwards, with the 100 Launch Editions being built first. Once production has started you will receive updates on the time frame for completion of your individual car.
What updates will I receive?
Following your placement of a deposit for the Tamiya Wild One MAX, you will be kept regularly updated on our progress towards production commencement. Once production has started you will receive updates on the time frame for completion of your car.
What will follow the first Tamiya Wild One MAX editions?
There will be further Tamiya Wild One MAX editions available following the first Tamiya Wild One MAX units. At this time we are not able to confirm what their exact specification or production time frame will be, but we will keep our Tamiya community updated with our progress and release more information once it is available.
Will you deliver my car to me?
If you wish to have your car delivered to you, we will be happy to arrange this for you at an additional cost. Alternatively, should you wish to collect the car yourself from our factory this will be possible.
Will future editions be available as a kit?
To help us get cars as quickly as possible to our clients, it has been necessary for us to build and deliver all the first Tamiya Wild One MAX cars fully built. Our intention still remains to offer customers the choice of having their Wild One MAX in kit form, and we will share updates on when a kit version will be available in due course.