THE TAMIYA WILD ONE IS MAKING A COMEBACK IN 2023
Ask any child of the 1980s what names like the Hornet, Lunchbox, Sand Scorcher & Avante meant to them, and they will likely reminisce about the joys of building and driving the 1/10th scale Radio Controlled cars of their childhood.
The original Tamiya Wild One (58050) was released in 1985 and became one of the brand’s most iconic models. Such was the popularity of the model it was even re-released in 2012 (58525) to further acclaim.
Now, we are delighted to announce that the Wild One will make its return a decade later – only this time, with a difference.
Tamiya Wild One official promo 1985
BUILT FOR ADVENTURE
The Little Car Company are developing the Wild One MAX for release in 2023 under Licence from Tamiya. Rather than being 1/10th scale, the Wild One MAX will be an impressive 8/10th scale, and you will not need an R/C controller, because it is big enough to drive yourself!
Yes, that’s right, developed in partnership with the company behind the Bugatti Baby II, Aston Martin DB5 Junior and the Ferrari Testa Rossa J, the Wild One MAX will be a rear-wheel drive, off road electric buggy. At approximately 3.5m long, 1.8m wide and weighing around 250kg, the Wild One MAX will take up a bit more space than the R/C kits of the past. But just like the original, you get the opportunity to assemble these models at home.
- Rear wheel drive
- Available in three models with increasing performance figures.
- Top speed from 40 km/h (25mph) in base specification, 80 km/h (50mph) in mid-range specification, TBA for the highest specification.
- Peak power starting from 4kW (5.5 bhp), with a base range starting at 25km (15 miles)
- Tyres: Maxxis Bighorn tyres in a 29” high / 11” wide / 14” rim size at the rear, with a Maxxis 14” on the front.
- Seating for two
- Racing steering wheel and digital gauges
- Multiple driving modes to suit all types of drivers
- Lots of Hop-Ups including faster top speeds, more power and even the opportunity to convert your Wild One MAX to be road legal in some countries!
Your Wild One Max
Be the first to receive a Wild One MAX when production starts in 2023.
Pre-order today by placing a fully-refundable deposit of £100.
We will email you with exciting updates as the project develops.
Deposit is fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears.